Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rain all day makes for cold feet.

I valiantly tried to wake up early this morning. At 8:30, I rolled out of bed and went into the kitchen for some Weetabix to start my British day right. This is where the downturn begins: I walk back into my room with my cereal, eating on my bed in the darkish room as to not disturb my sleeping roomie, finished, and.. laid back down. I just couldn't muster up enough energy for the day at this point. I'll work on it. Finally awoke at 11:30 and made plans for the day at the top of the stairs.

Allison, Becca, Cailee, Kelly, Grant, Jacob, Wyatt, and I had originally planned to take one of our Oxford Through the Ages 'rambles' today (required pre-planned route to explore the city), but it was too muddy and rainy! It rained all day. At least the grass and trees will be beautiful now. :] We all went to University Parks instead to feed the ducks and geese our moldy bread, then journeyed over to the Thursday market. The rain may have been to blame, but today's market wasn't very impressive. Thursdays are more centered around antiques and trinkets, whereas the Wednesdays are chock full of fresh produce. Next week!

We were all pretty damp and cold, so we stopped at the Swam & Castle for tea, coffee, and food. Jacob fell asleep, hard, at the table. We decided to all get up quickly and asked a British guy sitting nearby to tap Jacob on the shoulder. After a few prods, the guy said, "Hey, I think your mates left without you" and Jacob jumped up from his drooling stupor. Poor dude was tired, and ended up leaving his Nalgene water bottle at the pub and remembering too late. Sorry, Jacob!

Did a little homework until 6:40, when Cailee, Kelly, Allison, Brittany, and I left for St Aldates' college night! We got drenched in the still-pouring rain, and ate dinner in the main sanctuary. It was so weird being a guest there, seeing as I am usually helping set something up when I'm at Aldates. Dinner was pasta, salad, bread, and a variation of apple pie. I got way stuffed. We met some really cool guys that Allison and Brittany had already met with their volunteer hours. I think their names are Tom, Paul, David, and James. Worship and the speaker was awesome. Being at church is always so uplifting, and it really reminded me of Kingdom Life again! Please excuse my sentence structure and attempted storytelling.. I am exhausted as I type this, but I need to get it done! Anyway, I plan to make it back to Aldates' college night as many times as I can for the rest of the semester.

Allison and Kelly suffered with me through P90X Plyometrics afterwards, and Cailee joined us for an intense ab workout. Maybe I won't come back in bad shape, like I thought :] I just finished packing for Leeds (we leave at 8:15 am from the house) and am so excited for a relaxing weekend with Natalie, Cailee, and Kelly!

Peace out, girl scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment