Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the fish that wrote Canterbury Tales

I knew today would most certainly make up for the lack of action yesterday. I also forgot to mention that yesterday's mail brought me the CUTEST little Valentine's day cupcake card (and letter!) all the way from Austin, Texas! My mommy was so sweet to take the time to send me some sweet snail mail- my favorite! Love you :]

Took my first test in Humanities at 9 am.. and it was a little more difficult than I had hoped. I spent so much time studying last night, but I guess you can only prepare so much. Doesn't really help that my memory isn't too sharp. That put a damper on my day (and everyone else's from that class..), but I took a nice run through University Parks to make everything better. The only drawback was that the groundspeople had covered about a third of the trails in thick gravel/dirt, making running slow and laborious. Definitely got my hamstrings screaming.

So I come back home and shower, wake Katie up with my ruckus, and we went to On the Hoof together to grab some sandwiches for lunch. I am ashamed to say that this was only my SECOND visit to the nearby sandwich joint, while some of the boys are boasting of their tenth entry (free sandwich) on their loyalty card! Trust me, it's that good. I got the chicken pesto rosso (red pesto, obviously) with cheese on a panini.. and it was a.maz.ing. Anyway, as I was sitting at the kitchen table with Katie and Allison enjoying lunch, the fish 'bowl' (really a tall pitcher) was sitting between us, holding the beloved pet. Earlier that morning, Kelly had divulged to me the (unfortunate) information that The Fish (whatever his name is) had died. Not wishing to spread the news, I said nothing. Until Katie and Allison were like 'uhm, why is he at the bottom'? Should've moved the pitcher, Kel. My response, "Well, he's dead." I suppose my answer was so matter-of-fact that they confused this with my (terrible) sense of humor, so they laughed. "No. Really.. he's dead." Lunch was not the same. We couldn't eat with our beloved pet passed away in front of our very eyes, so Allison graciously moved his corpse, pitcher and all, to a corner of the counter. When I had earlier learned of the news, I had returned, sweaty from my run, and Kelly said, "What is your reaction?" while pointing Cailee's camera in my face. I need to destroy that picture. Thanks for the reminder. So while my past betta experience was a little too long-winded for my liking, we somehow managed to cut dear old Chaucer's life a bit short. We're going to give The Goldfish Bowl a ring tomorrow and consult on what may have gone awry.

Got my Oxford Uni hoodie in the mail today! It's pretty sweet looking, in my humble opinion. I was so excited, I proudly wore it to today's Oxford Through the Ages class. We visited the Bodleian Library, which is in proximity of the Sheldonian Theatre. Please Google for further information, but it was incredibly old, and thus, absolutely cool. One of the downstairs great rooms was used in Harry Potter as the hospital, and then a portion of the upstairs library was also utilized in the films. I just think it's really neat to occasionally tie this in to my dorky Harry Potter obsession.

Groceries were next on the agenda, seeing as I was oh-so-completely out. I've been pretty much worn out from then on, so I've worked on homework in bits and pieces, since there's no assignments really due tomorrow. Kelly and Cailee made chicken enchiladas with rice and beans for dinner, and my tummy is so so SO happy.

As a side note: I have had countless people tell me they read my (ridiculous) blog posts. You are obviously one of them. If you have anything to comment on, laugh about, anything- feel free to leave a comment! I just recently opened it up to ANYONE, whether you have a blog or not, so if you're a 'say the last word' kinda person, let it fly. Or any other kind of person, for that matter. This is not a plea for comments. Just wanted to let you know the opportunity is available. Thanks for reading :]

Also, whoever invented curling was silly.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know if you'd want me all over your lovely blog, but since you welcome comments...

    I really love your fish "bowl". REALLY. You should give it a second go. :)

    Also, it may be silly, but I love curling.
    But not as much as I love you of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!
    and you
    :)

    from,
    Randi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,

    I had a similar situation with a fish in a bowl at a young age. The secret is one word, that is needed in the bowl. "plant" The little bugger needs some oxygen. Hope you have a great time in Leeds. Still looking into the postage question we emailed about earlier.

    Love You .... Daddy

    ReplyDelete