Monday, February 22, 2010

a perfect lazy day

It's so much easier to get out of bed when it's snowing. Who wants to miss out? My motives were more school-oriented this morning, but I woke up and went down to the common room to watch this sort of documentary thing called Manor House. I don't really know how else to explain it quickly, so.. use your Google browser.

I roasted a butternut squash for lunch. It was really quite heavenly, sitting in the kitchen pretending to read snippets of assigned reading while actually watching the snow gracefully fall, with the rich scent of squash wafting out of the oven. Don't forget the hot tea. Never mind that I didn't get ANYthing done for class, I had a wonderfully peaceful morning. God is good at reminding me when to breathe.

After continued failed attempts to do work, I finally put on my comfy clothes and did some Yoga X. Perfect mindset, not to mention some pretty intense moves. Running just seemed a little harsh for the day. A shower and some accomplished homework later, I took a walk by myself to Greens Cafe, where I ordered a delicious chicken pesto salad for takeaway. I now plan on eating at Greens much more often.

I have finally begun to set in stone some trips for both of our Spring Breaks, and feel relieved from the stress those were imposing on me. Planning gives me stability. I like that.

Later in the evening, I walked with Nat to G&D's to meet a friend from St Aldates.. we thought we were late, turns out we just missed each other, and he ended up meeting us at the house. We had a fun chat with Brittany for a while, and I called it a night and came upstairs. Unfortunately, I have to wake up early tomorrow morning as well, so it's off to bed at an almost decent hour. Lots to get accomplished tomorrow, and then catching the bus to London Stansted for our Ireland flight! Let's do it.

If you didn't get the chance to catch our Study Abroad Sing Song act..
With love from the United Kingdom, http://vimeo.com/9381120

1 comment:

  1. You eat the strangest things sometimes. Haha a roasted butternut squash? but then again you eat weird stuff in the states too.. :)

    ReplyDelete