Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Une semaine

I just love how snow is much a more common occurrence in the UK. This morning during Humanities, it was raining, and a second glance out the window provided a view of dainty white flakes falling where they may. Although it didn’t last long, the rest of the day has proved to be dreary, cold, and wet. Which is all fine and well, until you make a class trip to the outdoor market and cannot feel your fingers as a result. Supposedly, there is usually a better turnout for partaking in the weekly Wednesday market, but we enjoyed wandering around the stalls, eyes wide in awe of all of the pretty fruit. I bought some apricots and a sweet potato, and would have purchased more, except I was afraid that all my fresh produce would go bad during the weekend journey to Bath. Next week, I’m going to put a major dent in my money. Just saying.

Not much else has really happened today. I enjoyed the quiet grey weather with a nap and a reading session in the common room downstairs, and was glad when people came in and joined me to watch a bit of Persuasion. Tonight was Allison and Becca’s night to cook, and we celebrated our completion of a week here in Oxford with some delicious tacos. They also made a chocolate pie which I am currently drooling over in anticipation, so I am passing the wait by typing here. Tonight.. is probably still going to be frigid. I’m probably going to chip away at my mountain of looming projects, and hopefully take a walk if anyone wants to come along! Otherwise, back down to the common room it is.

I’m still stressed with this adjustment as I find my place in the house and am trying to get to know everyone. It’s not my forte to be really outgoing or talkative, but I’m managing the best I can. This weekend should be amazing and relaxed, so I’m not getting too anxious about my shy moments.
Until we meet again.

P.S.- Internet is still dead.. currently sharing with the neighbors.

1 comment:

  1. your blogs make me so happy :) i miss you and love you but am SOOOO excited that you are having such a great time already.

    ReplyDelete