Thursday, January 21, 2010

I speak in sentence fragments

Affogato. A scoop of G&D’s ice cream with an espresso shot poured over the top.

It was as amazing as it sounds. Consequently, I was awake hours later, many of them spent watching ‘Green Street’ and trying to get connected to the internet. Apparently the problem is that we have a good connection, but the router (it’s reuter here, I know you cared about that detail) capacity isn’t good enough for the entire Study Abroad crew.. which means everything is basically crashed until the houses get some better equipment. Patience is key, I guess.

Since I didn’t have class today, I indulged in some extra sleep until noon. Felt so good. The house was quiet all day, with various groups leaving for weekend trips to Scotland, Bath, and Liverpool. We leave tomorrow morning and will spend a night, heading back to Oxford later Saturday evening.

I took another run today, this time just a few loops on the University Parks trail, while Cailee got some reading done on a bench. She’s a dedicated student (and very patient to wait on me) – it was freeeezing outside! May or may not have seen a lot of guy’s rugby games going on throughout the park, which made my run go by faster. Never seen the sport before.

This evening, our Bath crew went out to the Jericho district to find food: some from Pepper’s Burgers, others from Posh Fish, and Malia and I got a Panini and baked potato ‘take-away’ from a little coffeehouse/café type thing. The two guys working there were acting very friendly, if you know what I mean. We were creeped out and left as soon as our food was ready. Oh and THEN we got honked at by some dudes sitting in this delivery van. Repeatedly. So tacky. Goodness sakes, I think I only get attention from creeps!

Met back together in the common room for dinner. I really don’t recommend watching House while you eat, because it made me nauseated the rest of the night. Sick. October Sky was our chosen movie for the evening, and I ended up passing out anyway. I was pooped from my run, I guess.

So here I am. Finished my minimal packing for the Bath trip, and am hoping to get an early start on bed. Maybe. This internet fiasco has everyone frustrated, and I am DETERMINED to make it work for me once again.

Pray for safe travels for the entire group. Personally, I’m a little anxious about our first independent trips. I miss you all, and being restricted from any communication outside of Oxford only makes it worse.

1 comment:

  1. Syd! You're a blogging pro! And I'm so happy you are so happy!

    ReplyDelete