Saturday, January 16, 2010

And on the third day, God created..

Saturday. Oh, wonderful Saturday. Today I woke up to gloomy gray skies (the sun doesn't rise here apparently) a little later than my record-breaking 8:30 yesterday. I managed to push my mess of a self together and a group of us went to University Parks! The snow is practically gone, save for two large mounds of snow in the middle of the field. We had a snowball fight, girls vs. Jacob and Grant.. they had better aim. After a little frisbee throwing, the group explored the rest of the park, like the cricket facilities. Pretty neat. Then we found the pond. Ice was covering most of it, and so a couple of us poked it with our feet. Soon enough, I was testing it out one foot at a time, then with both. Then I got a little gutsy and started bouncing with one foot on the ice. You know what happens next, obviously. The ice broke, and my foot fell in, while Kelly was supporting the rest of me, thank goodness. Mid-calf down was submerged and frigid. Needless to say, I hightailed it back to the house, a little embarrassed that I had done something so stupid. I did laugh the entire time, though. A quick shower fixed my developing hypothermic state, and then Kelly, Cailee, and I had a nice pita lunch in the kitchen. Let's see.. we chilled for a while, and then explored this little area of Oxford called Summertown. As cute as it sounds, shops were hard to come by, with the exception of some solid grocery stores. All the walking wore me out, and somehow I passed out in the common room of House 9 while everyone else made a rumpus, or so the story goes. Dinner was fish & chips from Posh Fish- delicious, but enormous portions. So glad we split, Kelly. I felt really gross after that, and got a group together to take a walk, which turned into a trip to G&D's. Back at the house, I had my first overseas Skype call with the fam, which was fun. I miss y'all so much!

Seriously, the only reason I am still awake is to write this dang account of my day.. I can't get behind this early in the game. The next ones will probably be more concise. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment