Monday, January 25, 2010

Breathing.

I am exhausted. Spoiled by a consistent average of 8-9 hours of sleep per night, trying to function off 6 has made today difficult.

After Humanities, I pored over online recipes, trying to decide what would be for dinner! Normally, my roommate Katie would cook with me, but she was feeling under the weather. Poor dear. I finally reached a decision, and set off for groceries in Summertown.

The walk was a perfect quiet time for myself. There's just a lot of goings-on around here at the moment, and coupled with schoolwork and the stress of booking hostels for this weekend.. my brain was pretty close to exploding. I had some grief trying to locate all my ingredients in the store- I know we speak the same language, but the terms they use are so very different. Example. I was looking for chicken stock, and all that was available was bouillon or some stuff they called 'stock' but was basically vegetable soup. Dinner turned out well, regardless of the road bumps. I made sage sauteed chicken (which didn't even turn out dry!), lemony green beans (just like Mom makes), and mini cheesecakes with ginger crust, topped with blackberries. Proud moment here - it was delicious. The hall only wished we had more of it to eat!

Finally wrapped up a paper, and pretended to watch 'Persuasion' in the Lytle's apartment.. which actually consisted of many failed (later successful) attempts to upload some photos to Facebook. I don't know if any will be going up here, unless I discover that the days suddenly have 25 hours in them.

I was so excited to find V for Vendetta playing in the common room, and will be off to bed soon. I don't know if I've said this before, but sorry for the very 'play-by-play' nature of my posts. Just trying to get it all recorded before I forget it permanently. More exciting things to come.. like this weekend in London!

In between yawns,
Sydney

1 comment:

  1. 1. I love you.

    2. I'm so happy you've made a blog. Now it doesn't seem like you're a trillion miles away. Just a billion ;).

    3. Your adventures sound exciting and lovely.

    4. Commenting on this has made me have to remember my blog sign in info crap from forever ago. I hope this makes you a little happy.

    5. Did I mention that I love you?

    ReplyDelete