Saturday, October 3, 2009

being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

It has been a volatile week. This past weekend was the KLF College Advance (like a retreat but.. forward) and it was nothing short of powerful. I felt restored, inspired, relaxed, and on top of things.

My heart was broken Sunday night as I shared loss with one of my roommates. Her sister lost her unborn son. I certainly lack the right things to say for these tender moments, but this experience made a rend in my heart that pales in comparison to the shock and pain her entire family felt. And I learned. Through trials and moments when we are absolutely sure we cannot make it one step further, prayer takes us bounds further. I learned what real trust is, seeing a family that takes a situation of enormous emotional magnitude and hands it to the Lord. Without Him, we cannot begin to feel healing or peace.

I allow the roadblocks and difficulties I face to swallow me alive. I naively let myself believe that a central issue must consume me, invade every thought. When I know that the Lord provides for even the birds and makes the grass of the field blossom, I still take matters into my own hands. Real trust is falling.

So I take it one day at a time. Because I know that it is possible. I have been affirmed, and am continually surprised to remember that God loves every single silly thing about us. We are His beloved.

"My times are in Your hands.."
Psalm 31

1 comment: