Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Retrospective blogging

Better late than never, right? Looking back on everything that happened this semester feels strange from my new 'American' perspective.

Life isn't the same here. My heart is torn between two separate countries. Texas holds my roots; the people who have shaped me and mean the world to me live in the States. My foundations are here. They are wonderful.

5000 miles away lies another huge part of me. This semester I spent in Oxford literally changed my life. Finally, I feel like I know myself completely. And I am confident in this identity that I find only in God, which is unwavering. It's been a challenging semester, in every sense of the word. With this, I find a huge milestone of my life marked by my time spent in Oxford.

I still want to spend time traveling. My mind has been opened to a global perspective- I see that people have so much in common, despite the boundaries of culture and language. The world is seriously beautiful. Traveling has always been a passion of mine, and it has only grown with this semester. Outside of trips to other countries, I am currently considering returning to the UK to complete a master's degree. It's a long way off, but it's something I can see myself doing.

The last thing I want you to do is leave this page thinking I no longer want to be in the States. I assure you, my heart is torn between two countries where God has blessed me immensely with unforgettable experiences. I don't know why I was granted this opportunity to experience life in two very different places, but I hope I walked away with as much growth as possible.

La la la la la life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment